A delicious scandal: the truth behind Pi Day

Senior Elizabeth Becker's investigation into the true results of a seemingly fun community time activity wreak havoc as students continue to defensively pick sides in the latest school scandal.

Back to Article
Back to Article

The infamous Ms. Swanson may be impeached as Pi Day Champion as a result of her most recent scandal.

A Swanson, likely

A Swanson, likely

A Swanson, likely

E. Becker '19, Writer

Dear high school students and Kaleidoscope fans:

I have some bad news regarding the pie eating contest on 3/14/19. As a member of Kaleidoscope, an aspiring investigative journalist, and a math student I feel as if it is my duty to set this right.

I looked over and saw she [Ms. Swanson] was still going when I was done.”

— Alex Ladowski, when asked to comment on his win during the pie eating contest

Unfortunately, in the teachers race there was a mistake, a true hero was overlooked despite finishing his pie first. The truth is that Alex Ladowski, biologist extraordinaire, was the true winner of the pie eating contest, yet, as the humble individual that he is, he chose not to challenge the ruling during the contest, as he did not want to ruin the beautiful Pi Day festivities of the day.

The attached video, filmed by Lanie Masset (’19), proves this, and through this video evidence, there is no denying that Alex Ladowski is the ultimate winner of pie eating. I know this is hard to hear, but I needed to tell the truth – we as a community can no longer harbor this lie.

This article was approved by Alex Ladowski. We have not reached out to Ms. Swanson for comment.