nEXt Block Offers Opportunities That Fit in Your Clock

Nardin's new X-block offering includes plenty of opportunities for students to engage in activities they might not have time for outside of class.

Back to Article
Back to Article

As all underclassmen know, Nardin's QR code system calls for each student to easily sign in from their phone for X-block.

S. Crawford '20, Writer

The schedule at Nardin this year changed drastically from years past; students now get to experience longer classes, late start Wednesdays, and nEXt Block.

nEXt Block allows for the exploration of new areas of study, as well as participation in fun, interesting activities around school. At the very least, nEXt Block is a time to relax and have fun, taking an edge off of the day to day Nardin life.

There are so many fun nEXt Block activities for students to participate in, making it the perfect time to unwind. Some popular nEXt Block activities include friendship bracelet making, sewing, and sign language lessons.

These activities, and so many others, have become popular because they allow students to explore their interests. There is a nEXt Block activity for nearly every topic, whether that includes science, DIYing, trivia, or something else. With so many options, it is easy to participate in a captivating activity each day.

X-Block provides me with the opportunity to unwind through fun activities.”

— Mia Burgio ('21)

Sophomore Mia Burgio loves exploring nEXt Block activities. “I love X-Block, personally, because I have a busy schedule with few study halls, so X-Block provides me with the opportunity to unwind through fun activities. Sometimes I go to a study hall to get work done. Sometimes I talk with friends and teachers, as well,” Mia said.

Because students are so busy everyday, having the opportunity to use nEXt Block as a study hall can be very helpful. However, exploring new activities is the most exciting aspect of nEXt Block.

So many nEXt Block options currently exist because students have decided to add to the nEXt Block calendar by starting their own activity.

Freshmen Ava Steiner, who teaches sign language in her activity, has done just that. “I have found so many fun, interesting activities to do during X-block. It’s great that everyone can find something that interests them, and if they can’t, they can lead a club,” Ava said.

Which have been your favorite nEXt block activities so far?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

It may seem like starting a new activity at school is very difficult, but starting a new nEXt Block activity is easy. Anyone who has an idea can email Mrs. Hutton or talk to her directly. Mrs. Hutton then helps students find a location for the activity, as well as an advisor. Soon, the new nEXt Block option will be up and running.

There are so many reasons to start a new nEXt Block activity: someone who starts a new activity gains leadership experience, learns how to plan and organize meetings, and helps their peers learn new skills. Not to mention, starting a new activity allows students to help their peers enjoy their nEXt Block time.

“I feel that X-block is a great way to share with others what you are passionate about,” said sophomore Bridget Stack, “Sharing my ability will not only make me happy, but others as well.  My sewing X-block started as an activity to help my classmates and peers sew, and it really has become much more than just an ability. It has become an ability that the teachers as well as the students participate in and take interest in.”

Every student’s inbox is filled with memos about what each day’s X-block will bring, like Drawing Challenge on A days.

nEXt Block has allowed students to explore new interests, start their own activities, relax, and enjoy themselves during the school day. Not to mention, nEXt Block time helps girls bond with their classmates.

Junior Grace Scott has noticed the importance of the nEXt Block time. “These activities bond the girls no matter the grade and allows leadership positions,” Grace said.

nEXt Block has been a great addition to the schedule, and will likely continue to provide great opportunities for Nardin students.

About the Writer
  • nEXt Block Offers Opportunities That Fit in Your Clock

Nardin News

The Emotional Roller Coaster of Freshman Year

Confetti

How Nardin Girls Really Feel About Lunch

Nardin News

A Walkathon to Remember

Nardin News

Science Daze!

Gator Spotlight

Nardin Through the Decades – 1990’s!

Gator Spotlight

Nardin Through the Decades – 1980’s!

Gator Spotlight

Nardin Through the Decades – 1970’s!

Gator Spotlight

Nardin Through the Decades

Nardin News

Austen-tatious Day!

Nardin News

Nardin’s Hackathon!